Friday, July 20, 2007

Philadelphia Style!



We have some huge news!!!!!! As many of you know, I am a huge ice cream fan! This is a passion I share with most Chileans. They have ice cream/gelato shops everywhere and people seem to eat a lot of ice cream, even in the winter! We by no means have a shortage of ice cream here - there's lots of options.

However..... we were in the grocery store the other day and spotted something familiar, but a bit out of place. Turkey Hill Ice Cream imported all the way from Lancaster County, PA. For those of you not from the Philly area, this is some really wonderful stuff! I love it! I will attempt to branch out and try all the local ice creams, but I must confess that I may not be able to stay away from the Turkey Hill!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so cool! who would have thought little lancaster would export to chile? enjoy!

John Hendrix said...

I couldn't buy turkey hill for many years out east because I always thought of turkey icecream and couldn't get over it.

But, yes, it is quite tremendous. They don't have it out here in the flyover states.

blewis said...

I had the same problem with blue bunny.