Thursday, July 26, 2007

Domino & Palta Hotdogs

Palta (avocado) is used on all kinds of food in Chile - it is pretty much a condiment! One of the more unusual and surprising things we've seen palta used on are hot dogs! I almost feel like these are good for you!


For lunch the other day we ate at Domino, a local sandwich bar chain, that uses super fresh ingredients. These hot dogs are not only topped with palta, but other delicious relishes and tomatoes! Yum!


At Domino, the napkins are arranged in tall towers. I would like to watch this being constructed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm calling joe in to see those pics right now. he's going to be so jealous of those dogs. holy cow!

joe said...

nice looking dogs! i bet all the fresh ingredients help cut through the grease of the hot dog.

John Hendrix said...

I'm in love with those dogs.
Tell me the serve them with Mojitos.

matt kirkland said...

Ooh. Can you mail me one?

The Tilted Tulip said...

A napkin tower? That's pure genius...

blewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blewis said...

john:

No mojitos, but I'm impressed with the cervezas and pisco. Not bad at all.

Anita said...

Do you know what the ingredients are in the "completo" hot dogs? I would love to prepare them here in Canada. They were the best!

Anita