Sunday, October 28, 2007

Warm Welcome

We arrived back in Santiago on Wednesday morning and were greeted by beautiful 80 degree weather. I know we were only gone for 10 days, but the whole place seems to have changed a bit! Everything is super green, colorful, and lush-just beautiful. I think it was good to go back to the states - maybe we just needed a little break!

Beautiful morning view out of our window

India was well taken care of while we were gone by our friends.
She did seem glad to have us back.
(No, the flowers are not from India - she's a cat!)
Joe & Rachel, thanks for the beautiful surprise and for taking such good care of India.

One of my favorite trees in Chile (I'm unsure of the name). These lavender flowers cover the entire tree & they hardly smell!

The path welcoming us home, to our apartment!
The whole right side is covered with pink & purple azaleas, which are cousins to rhododendrons (one of my favorite flowering plants).

Roses are blooming here like crazy and many are the size of grapefruit!

For more Spring in Santiago pics, check out Brad's flickr page.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Such lovely pictures! I especially love the one of India!