Friday, February 8, 2008

Top Ten List: #10 Street Dogs

Alright, we only have a few days left in this lovely country. We want to post some of our favorite things about Chile! To be honest, we could probably do a top ten of our least favorite things, but I try to keep this blog positive!!!!

Anyway, coming in at Number 10: Street Dogs


Most people find the street dogs a bit bothersome, but I really love them! Many people go through the day ignoring the dogs or even yelling at them, but every time I see one lounging in the sun, walking down the street, or chasing after a car, I smile to myself! I often see the dogs in packs of 8 and at first I kind of felt scared. I soon realized that these dogs meant no harm to anyone and now I just wonder where the whole group is going? Actually, I feel more comfortable seeing a pack of dogs, than a pack of Chilenos. At least the dogs mind their own business and keep to themselves! Surprisingly, domestic dogs bark and growl much more often than the street dogs. The street dogs just seem content and happy; some even wear t-shirts!

No comments: