Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pardon the Interruption

I'm sorry that I have to interrupt the top ten list, but I have a funny story to share. Yesterday Brad & I were eating lunch where we do everyday, at the Plaza de la India, near the office. This park has a fountain with statues of 3 famous Indians - Ghandi, Nehru, & Tagore. While we were enjoying our lunch, a tourist bus stopped and out came between 30-40 retiree tourists from India. They were really loving the park!

We watched as some of them climbed into the fountain to have their picture taken with the famous Indians - they looked like they were having a good time. Then they came over to us and asked if we would be in their pictures. At first we thought they just wanted us to take their picture, but they insisted that we pose with the whole group. Anyway, here we were in Chile with a huge group of Indian tourists getting our pictures taken. After our picture, one of the ladies put a Bindi sticker on my forehead! They were super friendly and one guy got our address and said he would send us a copy of the picture. I'll let you all know if that ever shows up!

No comments: