Monday, June 9, 2008

My Big Break?

Alright, I'm finally going to post something on the good ol' blog! I've been avoiding the blog because I feel like I have to do a huge catch up post covering the last few months, but I'm scared I may never post again if I don't start soon! So I'll try to catch you all up in the coming days or maybe I'll just start from today & move forward!

But first I wanted to share what I stumbled onto today.........the set of the new Johnny Depp movie, Public Enemies! They have been shooting the film around Chicago for the last month, but we seem to always find out locations after the fact. Well, today I watched them film a few scenes! The scenes were shot over and over again and it seemed like very tedious work. My friend, Kirsten, was able to get some pretty good pictures!

Johnny Depp is in the middle of the picture in a black vest & white shirt

Depp between takes seemed very focused on his John Dillinger character.
Notice the extras in their 1930's costumes!

Up Close!

I know what you're thinking, Who is that guy in the red shirt, drinking pop?
Does he know that Johnny Depp is right over there????





The filming took place about 6 blocks from our apartment in the River North neighborhood. Three blocks were blocked off for the filming, but only 1 block was actually being filmed. When a scene would begin, the police and security would stop all regular traffic (which was pretty substantial at noon on a weekday!) and the old fashioned cars would drive around and then pull a U-Turn and head the other direction. This way, cars were always going by in the shot.

Kirsten & I posing in front of one of the old-style cars.

1 comment:

June B. Anderson said...

I really enjoyed your pix. Thanks for keeping us informed. Can't wait for this flick to show in the theatres! June